Multidirectional Forklift Training
The multi directional forklift truck is a “one stop” solution for applications that require handling of long or palletised loads on smooth or rough terrain.
As this trucks name suggests it has the capability of travelling forwards, backwards & side to side with its triple rotating wheels. Widely used within the timber and steel industries.
With development of this manoeuvring style the multidirectional truck has extended to other forklift categories such as Counterbalance and Pedestrian Stackers.
|M1 – Multi-directional lift trucks|
|M2 – Multi-directional Side Loader lift trucks|
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Gas, Electric or Diesel Multidirectional Forklift truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Multidirectional Forklift truck
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels – bulk stacks/ cantilever racking
- De-stacking with various loads
- Loading and unloading lorries with the Multidirectional Forklift truck
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course
- ITSSAR accredited certificate
- TOPS (Trained Operator Passport Scheme) registration
|Novice||3 – 5 days||max 3|
|Experienced Operator||2 – 3 days||max 3|
|Safety Refresher||1 day||max 3|
|Conversion||1 day||max 3|
|Familiarisation||0.5 day||max 3|