Powered Pallet Truck Training
Powered pallet trucks operate to a very similar principle as hand pallet trucks. The operator slides the forks into the pallet to allow for load bearing. On a powered pallet truck however, the lifting of the load, and truck movement, is powered by the electric motor within the machine.
Typically on most powered pallet trucks, there is a ‘paddle’ control to select forward or reverse direction, and button control to raise or lower the forks.
As with all electric powered pallet trucks, the batteries contained within need to be charged. Often, with a powered pallet truck, the truck has an integral charger meaning that it can be plugged straight into the mains without the need for a stand-alone charger.
|A1 – Pedestrian – Pallet; stillage; low lift platform & low lift order-picking trucks|
|A2 – Rider – Pallet; stillage; low lift platform & low lift order-picking trucks|
|A3 – Pedestrian – Counterbalance lift trucks|
|A4 – Rider – Pallet stackers|
|A5 – Pedestrian – Pallet stackers|
|A6 – Pedestrian – Straddle trucks|
|A7 – Pedestrian – Reach Trucks|
|A8 – Rider – Reach Trucks|
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Charging procedures of electric Powered Pallet truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Powered Pallet Truck
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Use of Powered Pallet Truck for unloading lorries
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course
- ITSSAR accredited certificate
- TOPS (Trained Operator Passport Scheme) registration
|Novice||1 – 2 days||max 3|
|Experienced Operator||1 day||max 3|
|Safety Refresher||1 day||max 3|
|Conversion||1 day||max 3|
|Familiarisation||0.5 day||max 3|