Ladder and Stepladder Safety Training
This training course is suitable for anyone who is using ladders and stepladders in the workplace for low risk and short duration of use.
At the conclusion of this training course candidates will have the knowledge & techniques to select, check and correctly use these types of equipment in the workplace.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, WAHR 2005 & MHSWR
- Requirements for the use of Ladders and Step Ladders under Schedule 6 of the Work at Height Regulations
- Product standards and classifications for ladders and step ladders in the workplace
- Hazards affecting the use of Ladders and Step Ladders
- The need to planning and risk management using the S.T.E.P format
- Pre-use Ladder and Step Ladder Inspection
- Correct Storage and Transport of Ladders
- Complete a practical assessment in the correct selection, risk assessment and use of Ladders and Step Ladder safely
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical assessment of skills, confirming skills taught on the ladder safety training course
- In house certificate
|Novice||1 day||max 12|
|Safety Refresher||1/2 day||max 12|